Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Will You?

Psalm 20: 1-2
1May the Lord answer you in the day of trouble!
May the name of the God of Jacob set you securely on high!
2May He send you help from the sanctuary
And support you from Zion!


Will You?

God is good!  

Last night I received a phone call at 11:00 p.m. from my husband, Josh.  He is out on a medical mission team this week in Los Chiles, Nicaragua.  This village is located about 4 hours south of Managua, close to the Costa Rican border.  Josh began the conversation with, “I am at the hospital…”  WHAT!?    Okay, so this is probably not a good way to wake up your wife at 11:00 at night, with I am at the hospital but he was not there for himself.  He, along with several North American Doctors, Nicaraguan translators and the pastor of this village, rode in his truck for the hour drive to the hospital which by the way only took 40 minutes in the dark to transport a 2 year old little boy.  This precious boy had a 105°  temp and the doctors could not get the fever to subside.  In fact it was climbing to almost 106° as they were traveling to the hospital.  This morning as I began my time with the Lord, I asked Him to speak to me through His word because I really needed to hear Him this morning.  As I began to read Psalm 20, the very first two verses jumped off the page.  WOW!  

Last night as this young couple came to the clinic to try and figure out what was going on with their son, the Lord already said He would answer them in the day of their trouble.  He sent them help in the form of this medical team from Tennessee and Kentucky and just the right time.  God’s timing is always perfect.  The other awesome wonder that they encountered was while they were at the hospital waiting on the Nicaraguan doctors to assess the child, this young couple received the Lord as their Savior.  God can use anything to bring others to Him.  

What an awesome God we serve!  I could hear it in my husbands voice of the wonder that he was able to be a part of last night.  He was moved to such a deep compassion for the people in that village and was humbled to be able to be a small part of God’s bigger plan for them.  If we would begin to ask God to broaden our territory so that we can serve Him more, then guess what,  He will do it.  I am reminded of the prayer that Jabez prayed in 1 Chronicles 4.  First let’s begin with who is Jabez. “Now Jabez was more honorable than his brothers, and his mother called his name Jabez, saying, “Because I bore him in pain.”  And Jabez called on the God of Israel saying, “Oh, that You would bless me indeed, and enlarge my territory, that Your hand would be with me, and that You would keep me from evil, that I may not cause pain!”  So God granted him what He requested.”  Many years ago, I prayed this prayer and even wrote it down so that I could memorize it.  Now years later, God has enlarged my territory to share about His name and His hand of protection is over me and my family.  

Will you let God expand your circle so that you may do more for Him?  

Will you let God change you from the inside out, to bring Glory and Honor to Him?  

Will you let God use you no matter where it may take you?

Will you just surrender everything to Him?

Will you?


Prayer: Thank you for allowing Josh to be a small part of your plan last night.  Thank you for broadening our territory so that we can do more for you.  Thank you for changing me from the inside out.  Thank you for taking me so far out of my comfort zone!  In Jesus Name I pray, Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment