Thursday, February 12, 2015

Hear My Prayer

Psalm 4:1
1Answer me when I call, O God of my righteousness!
You have relieved me in my distress;
Be gracious to me and hear my prayer.

David is on the run and this time it is from Absolom's revolt.  If you do not know the history behind this story go back and read 2 Samuel 13-15.  David turns to God for comfort, for refuge, for peace.  There is so much history we can find in just these few lines.  In the second line of this verse it talks about God relieving David in his distress.  What this literally translates to say is God made room for him in tight places.  When we think about it from an army standpoint, it is saying that God enlarged His area to give Him more breathing room when he felt pressed in by the enemy.  

Even though David had done great sins in his life…

God still loved him.  
God still thought David as a man after His own heart.  
God still heard His prayers.  
God still desired to protect him.

So no matter where you are today in your walk.  God desires to bring you back to Him.  If you truly have sought repentance He will take you back.  God loves His children, those who have accepted Him as Lord and Savior.  God knows our heart.  There have been times in my life where my heart has not been in the right place and all I could think about was me and how it would affect me.  This is not what God desires from me, a selfish heart.  He desires me to put others before myself.  Which at times can be very hard because of my sinful nature but still nonetheless that is what He desires for me.  

What is God desiring from you today?  Is it to be more obedient?  Or maybe to give everything to Him, all your worries and cares, your finances, your marriage, your family?  Possibly, He just wants you to come back to a right relationship with Him or accept Him as Lord and Savior of your life.  What ever it is today, Be still and sit in the silence waiting to hear what He has to say to you.  In our hurried and hustled world we think sitting still is meaningless but in those quiet moments God will speak to your heart.  


Prayer: As David prays, I desire God for you to be gracious to me and hear my prayer.  Prayers for those around me to know You more.  Prayers for those hurting from sickness and death.  Prayers for those who are struggling in their relationships.  Prayers for those who are sharing the Gospel of Christ today.  In Jesus Name I pray, Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment