Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Be Still

Psalm 8: 1-9
1 O Lord, our Lord,
How majestic is Your name in all the earth,
Who have displayed Your splendor above the heavens!
2 From the mouth of infants and nursing babes You have established strength
Because of Your adversaries,
To make the enemy and the revengeful cease.
3 When I consider Your heavens, the work of Your fingers,
The moon and the stars, which You have ordained;
4 What is man that You take thought of him,
And the son of man that You care for him?
5 Yet You have made him a little lower than God,
And You crown him with glory and majesty!
6 You make him to rule over the works of Your hands;
You have put all things under his feet,
7 All sheep and oxen,
And also the beasts of the field,
8 The birds of the heavens and the fish of the sea,
Whatever passes through the paths of the seas.
9 O Lord, our Lord,
How majestic is Your name in all the earth!

I wonder so many times like the song, “who am I, that the Lord of all the earth, would care to know my name,  would care to feel my hurt.”  Do you ever wonder this?  When I look around me and take the time to marvel at the wonders of His creation, it amazes me.  To the smallest of details God has put thought into His creation.  Sometimes I get so busy with living life that I forget to LIVE life.  Does that make sense to you like it does in my mind?  If it doesn’t let me try to explain.  I wake up in the morning with my list of things to do and go about my day with the purpose of marking things off my list that I forget to ‘stop and smell the roses’.  God says in Psalm  46:10” Be still and know that I am God.”  He wants us to acknowledge that He is in control of everything.  He pays attention to the smallest of details from the number of hairs on our heads to the stamen and pistil of a flower.  How cool is that!  I forget to LIVE life with the purpose of living for Him. 

When was the last time you took the time to stop and marvel at His creation?  

This morning?
Yesterday?
Last week? 
Or even last month?

Yesterday I took the time to go around our neighborhood to take  pictures of flowers.  Why?  I want to make a book for a friend who loves flowers.  Of course, I can send her flowers in the states but I wanted to send her flowers from Nicaragua.  I can do that with 1800flowers or FTD but I want her to have flowers from Nicaragua.  I want her to see the beauty in these flowers but also to remind her of God’s creation and His love for her.  On this walk I found myself reflecting on His creation not just with flowers but all of nature.  So many times I get distracted by the things in this world that I loose sight of the world.  (Romans 12:2)  I forget to live my life with a kingdom perspective rather than a “me” perspective.  So many times we begin our day incorrectly.  So if today you woke up like I have before with that list of things to get accomplished for the day, take moment right now, and ask God to help you change your perspective so you can LIVE life today with purpose.  Take time during your break time or lunch time to spend quietly with the Lord,  Reflecting on His beauty around you.  


Prayer: You O, Lord are majestic!  You have created the stars in the sky and the creatures of the sea.  You know the hairs on my head!  Thank you for Your abounding love for me.  Thank you for giving me the sight to see your creation whether it is with my physical eyes or in my heart.  Thank you for Who You Are!  

No comments:

Post a Comment