Friday, February 13, 2015

Mornings With God

3But know that the Lord has set apart the godly man for Himself;
The Lord hears when I call to Him.
4Tremble, and do not sin;
Meditate in your heart upon your bed, and be still. Selah.
5Offer the sacrifices of righteousness,
And trust in the Lord.

Mornings with God

My day usually begins at 5:30 am and ends around 9:30 or 10:00 pm.  I have learned that if I don’t start my day with God, then the rest of my day does not go very well.  This morning as I took the kids to school I realized on my drive back how slow I was driving.  I realized that I was taking in God’s creation on the “cow path”.  This path is named the “cow path” because it is narrow in some spots and it only wide enough for a few cows to pass.  This path is lined with stone pavers and lots of bumps and dips along the way.  It has typical NICA homes and helps put my life back into perspective.  I find beauty in taking this route in the mornings.  It is a great way to begin my day, with the right perspective. 

I began sending encouraging words to those that I worked with back in the States while we were still fundraising as a way to encourage those that I worked with but now it has become part of my daily routine.  (There have been days where chaotic life in a third world country has gotten in the way of that but for the most part I am able to send these encouraging words during the workweek.)    But it is not just another item to check off my list.  I enjoy this part of my day the most.  I long to spend time reading God’s word, reflecting on the words and seeing where God is leading me in my writing; in my thoughts; in my actions; and in my day.  What would our day look like if we truly spent time with the Lord every morning and throughout our day?  I know for me…

my heart is right, 
my eyes are focussed in the right place,
my actions display the love of Christ.

In my NIV Women of Faith Bible, verse 3 reads a little different than the NASB version found on bible.com.  Here is what it says:  “In the Morning, O LORD, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation.”  I feel that the best time to spend in God’s word is in the morning because it is a new start.  In the morning you can’t say you don’t have time.  Okay if you just said, I don’t have time; you don’t know what my mornings look like…., then try and get up a few minutes earlier each day.  Once you start slowly you will long for that time and you will desire to get up early to spend time with God.  Take baby steps, if this is new to you (spending time with God).  God will honor your efforts and give you the rest your body longs for.  You know they say it takes 30 days to develop a habit and just 1 day to break it.  So this will take time.  


Don’t get me wrong and please realize that I am not perfect and there are days that even though I began the day with God my actions may not reflect it.  I REALLY dislike that about me.  That I can’t keep my eyes focused on God.  The world creeps in and then my day is shot.  But is it really?  Can I not go to God whenever I want?  Can I not change my attitude?  Can I not kneel down and pray for God to help me get back on track?  YES, not just a YES but a BIG OLE Hallelujah YES and AMEN.  

Today even if you did not start the morning off with God, you can stop what you are doing now and spend a few quiet moments with Him.  Ask Him to help you get on track for today and for the rest of the week.  Meditate on God’s word.  Meditate on His truths.  Meditate on His LOVE.   Know that whatever you are going through right now - GOD has got this!  May we be more like David, longing for the Lord to lead us in His righteousness (Psalm 5:8).  

Prayer: Father, Thank you for those little things that help me put life back into perspective.  Thank you for Your Word, leading me in the right direction. Thank you for people like David, that I can learn from.  Thank You for hearing my prayers.  In Jesus Name I Pray, Amen. 

If you have time listen to this song sung by Chonda Pierce


"Yes And Amen"

Chorus:]
God says Yes! And I know that I'm blessed
Yes! Got a heart that's at rest
Yes! And a future that's sealed
Yes! If I'm healed then I'm healed
I'm not afraid of circumstances
'Cause I, have already found the answers
In Christ all of God's promises are Yes!
Yes and Amen!!

[repeat]

[Stanza I:]
Now's the time to let faith win
God has placed His promises in the center of His Will
Seek His Kingdom and His Ways
All the power of heaven is yours to call today

[repeat chorus]

[repeat stanza I]

[Bridge:]
All God's promises
Yes and Amen!
Celebrate God's promises
Yes and Amen!

[repeat bridge 3x]


[repeat chorus 2x] end of lyrics

No comments:

Post a Comment