Thursday, February 19, 2015

Fatih, Hope and Trust

Psalm 9:17-20

17The wicked will return to Sheol,
Even all the nations who forget God.
18For the needy will not always be forgotten,
Nor the hope of the afflicted perish forever.
19Arise, O Lord, do not let man prevail;
Let the nations be judged before You.
20Put them in fear, O Lord;
Let the nations know that they are but men. Selah.

FATIH, HOPE and TRUST

As I was reading this morning so many things were running through my head about this psalm.  The emotions that David must have been going through during this point in his life.  The FAITH that he continued to show in God.  The HOPE that he has in Christ.  The TRUST that God will prevail.  How many times do I sit and think about and compare my life to his.  Well, there really is no comparison. I do not have enemies seeking to kill me like David did.  But I can relate in the sense of believing God’s word that the wicked will return to Sheol (the grave).  I know that God will judge the wicked of this world.  Sometimes as men, we tend to think we have all the right answers but in reality we don’t.  If we look to God’s word we can find the answers that we need for all things.  There has been so much discussion about the entertainment industry when it comes to what is appropriate or not to show on television or in the movies.  

As a Christian woman, a survivor of rape, and as a mother of two small children, I firmly believe we are to teach the world how to live with HOPE in Christ; FAITH in Christ and TRUST in Christ.  I will choose to stand firm on my foundation and convictions of what is appropriate and what is not appropriate for my eyes to see and what I also allow my children to see.  I must continue to deepen my relationship with the Lord so that my actions convey my beliefs.  I TRUST my Lord to take care of the details of convicting others in their beliefs as well as convicting those who are wicked.  I HOPE that others who profess to be Christians will stand firm in their biblical beliefs and not make exceptions just because others are doing it.  I HOPE that other survivors will stand up and show the world how to live with HOPE, FAITH and TRUST in Christ.  I HOPE that mothers will  begin to sow the seeds of scripture into their children so that they may be able to know right from wrong.  I have FAITH in knowing Christ will judge the nations in the end.  I have FAITH that He is the ONLY way to have life eternal.  

So many times we don’t know what to say when praying to God but David is such a good example of showing us what prayer can look like.  Praying through the Psalms is a perfect way to begin.  Sometimes we get so caught up in asking God for things we want for ourselves that we forget of all those around us and their needs.  We need to begin to pray for our children and their relationship with the Lord.  Pray for your husband or wife today, that they will be a light in their workplace.  Pray for your co-workers.  Pray for your church leaders or your neighbors.  Pray for our nation to turn back to God (1Chronicles 7:14).  Thank God for His creation and His calling on your life.  May you find HOPE today in what you have read and may it be a blessing to you.  


Prayer: Father, Thank You that You love me with an everlasting love.  Thank you that You have been right beside me in some of my darkest days just like you were with David.  Thank you that you have given me HOPE for my tomorrows.  I put my TRUST in You.  In Jesus Name I pray, Amen.  

No comments:

Post a Comment