Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Exams

Psalm 26:2
2 Examine me, O Lord, and try me;
Test my mind and my heart.

When was the last time you had a thorough health exam? I was reading an article about skin cancer and how thorough you must be about examining your body for possible cancer spots on your skin.  Most people do not want to take the time or put that much effort into doing such a thorough exam.  We think that it will never happen to us.  We won’t be the one to get skin cancer or develop some kind of disease.  But we have to take the time to have those thorough exams by our doctors to make sure that all is well with our bodies.  We also must take the time to eat properly and get the proper amount of rest that our bodies require in order to maintain good health.  These habits don’t come naturally so we have to begin to slowly develop them to ensure that they become habits for a lifetime. 

Just like taking a thorough exam of our bodies, we must begin to take a thorough exam of our spiritual life as well.  Unfortunately, this is not so easy to do at times.  We want to sweep our sins under the rug or just completely ignore certain behaviors.  David desires for God to search him, examine him, and try him.  He wants God to “examine his claims to be innocent of the charges of wickedness brought against him by others.”(NASB footnote) But I wonder how often we really want God to examine us and to try us.  To test our minds and our hearts.  Would we really want to know what He finds?  But if we are to grow in our relationship with Him we must examine our minds and our hearts every day.  God knows our hearts.  He knows our motives for doing things and sometimes those motives are what infects our relationship with Him.  We must begin to dig deeper in our understanding of His word so that His word can cleanse our bodies from those bad “infections”.  

Today, will you ask God to examine you and try you?  Will you ask Him to test your mind and your heart?  I know this will be tough because you may not like the results but some exams are difficult to have.  However, the end results can be wonderful.  Even if you discover that you are at fault or that your heart is not where it needs to be, seek forgiveness and God will cleanse you.  The wonderful aspect of God when you accept Him as your Lord and Savior is that He will wash you white as snow.  


Prayer: Father, today, Exam me, O Lord, and try me; Test my mind and my heart.  I need you more than life itself and desire to be a pleasing site in Your eyes.  Show me where I have caused pain or caused others to stumble in their walk.  Reveal to me Your loving nature so that I may show this Love to others.  In Jesus Name I Pray, Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment