Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Hear My Cry

Psalm 34:17-18
17 The righteous cry, and the Lord hears
And delivers them out of all their troubles.
18 The Lord is near to the brokenhearted
And saves those who are crushed in spirit.

Hear My Cry!

Yesterday as I was writing my devotion, I was looking up a website to read about something pertaining to my writing.  I came across a video that brought me to tears.  It was a video that produced a short trailer about the life of Kara Tippetts, the sweet mom that is dying from breast cancer.  I don’t even know this precious lady but my heart hurt for her, for her husband and for their children.  Maybe in some sort of way I was mourning the loss of my own mother from breast cancer.  It is so hard to watch your mom die and know that there is nothing you can do about it but put your Trust in the Lord.  

I found myself dealing with some emotions that have not surfaced in a long time.  Oh, to have a few moments with her right now to share about my life, her grand babies and her wonderful son in-law.  Even though she is physically not here with me anymore, I can feel her presence at just the right moments.  I am reminded of the times when we would laugh together and cry together.  God hears our cry and he is near to us during those times.  Just like this precious lady, Kara, He is right there with her in the midst of this storm.  He is holding her hand and comforting her along the way.  She is rejoicing with each new day she has been given.  What an example for all of us to follow!  Rejoice no matter what the circumstance.  

What is it that has brought you to tears today?  Maybe the death of a loved one or the loss of a job.  Sometimes it can be just the daily living that can bring us to tears.  Our kids have made a huge mess and our laundry is piling up as we speak.  But no matter what has you broken today, God hears you.  He will deliver you out of this moment in your life.  I promise there is a light at the end of this tunnel you are traveling.  Give all your cares, concerns and fears to the Lord today and he will save you.  Remember, God loves you and he has a perfect plan for your life that will bring Glory and Honor to Him!  Take a few moments to listen to this song!  I pray it brings you comfort and peace today.

Prayer: Father, Hear my Cry today.  I need You to comfort me in my times of brokenness.  You know my pain.  I pray for Your healing hand to come over me.  I pray for my friends who are suffering from cancer today, may you bring them comfort and peace today.  Give hope to the hopeless and comfort to the brokenhearted.  In Jesus Name, I Pray Amen.  


"If We've Ever Needed You”
by Casting Crowns


Hear our cry, Lord we pray, 
Our faces down, our hands are raised, 
You called us out, we turned away, we've turned away. 

With ship wrecked faith, idols rise, 
We do what is right, in our own eyes, 
Our children now, will pay the price, 
We need Your light, Lord, shine Your light. 

If we've ever needed You, Lord, it's now, Lord, it's now, 
We are desperate for Your hand, we're reachin' out, we're reachin' out. 

All our hearts, all our strength, 
With all our minds, we're at Your fate, 
May Your Kingdom come, in our hearts and lives, 
Let Your Church arise, let Your Church arise! 

If we've ever needed You, Lord, it's now, Lord, it's now, 
We are desperate for Your hand, we're reachin' out, we're reachin' out, we're reachin' out 

If we've ever needed You, Lord, it's now, Lord, it's now, 
We're are desperate for Your hand, we're reachin' out, we're reachin' out, 
If we've ever needed You, Lord, it's now, Lord, it's now, 
We are desperate for Your hand, we're reachin' out, we're reachin' out 

We need You now 
Revive us now 

We need You now

No comments:

Post a Comment