Friday, March 6, 2015

Joy Comes In The Morning

Psalm 30:5

Weeping may last for the night,
But a shout of joy comes in the morning.

Joy Comes In The Morning!

I can remember so many times in my life where this verse was so evident in my life.  While I was struggling in my “other life” as I call it, there were many nights I would cry myself to sleep.  I longed for things to be different in my first marriage and didn’t know how to change things.  I was trying to be the best wife and the best counselor at my work but I was struggling to do any of them well.  I felt like my weeping was lasting a lifetime and I could not find that joy.  

I longed for joy in my life.  
I longed for joy in my first marriage.
I longed for joy in my career.

I just did not have that joy.  I was trying to control my joy and I cannot make myself have joy.  Later, I discovered that my joy can only come from God and having that right relationship with him.  This is such a hard truth to discover because of our nature as humans.  We want to have that control over our lives.  But when we finally surrender it all to Him, Joy comes!  We then can see Joy in every circumstance.  No matter what God has allowed to come our way, we can find JOY!

There are so many scriptures that are jumping into my head right now that I want to share with you to encourage you and to bring you some comfort to you, today.  The first one is for you to have joy in the morning you must not “26 Be angry, and yet do not sin; do not let the sun go down on your anger, 27 and do not give the devil an opportunity (Ephesians 4:26-27).”  And even when bad things happen to God’s people we should always know that God has a perfect plan.  Joseph’s life is a perfect example of this “20 As for you, you meant evil against me, but God meant it for good in order to bring about this present result, to preserve many people alive(Genesis 50:20).”  

Another example in the Bible is Jeremiah.  He was a great prophet that God used to deliver a stern message to His people.  He had many characteristics that were noted in scripture.  He was called the “weeping Prophet”  (Jeremiah 9:1; 13:17) or the “prophet of loneliness” (because he was commanded not to marry, 16:2).  He was also known as the “reluctant prophet” (Jeremiah 1:6).  But no matter if he was called the weeping prophet or the lonely prophet God used him in mighty ways.  In Jeremiah 29:10-14, it says“10 "For thus says the Lord, 'When seventy years have been completed for Babylon, I will visit you and fulfill My good word to you, to bring you back to this place. 11 For I know the plans that I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope. 12T hen you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart. 14 I will be found by you,' declares the Lord, 'and I will restore your fortunes and will gather you from all the nations and from all the places where I have driven you,' declares the Lord, 'and I will bring you back to the place from where I sent you into exile.’”  God has a perfect plan for each of us.  Even though we may not understand at the moment why something is happening, be assured that His ways are higher then our ways (Isaiah 55:9).  God does not have plans to harm us only plans to give us a future and hope.  

Read this story about a young lady who was raped at the age of 12 and later was told she was pregnant as a result.  Her testimony is one of complete trust in the Lord.

Joy Comes In The Morning!


Prayer: Father, Thank You that my weeping may last for the night and praising You that Joy Comes In The Morning.  I know for my life that the weeping brought me to a deeper relationship with You and a clearer understanding of Your love for me.  May those reading this today find that same understanding for their circumstances.  May that cling to You during those nights of weeping and rejoice in You that their Joy will come!  In Jesus Name I Pray, Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment