Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Integrity, Do You Have It?

Psalm 41: 11-13

11 By this I know that You are pleased with me,
Because my enemy does not shout in triumph over me.
12 As for me, You uphold me in my integrity,
And You set me in Your presence forever.
13 Blessed be the Lord, the God of Israel,
From everlasting to everlasting.
Amen and Amen.


Integrity, Do You Have It?

Integrity.  Integrity is such an important word and action to teach our children.  Do you display integrity everyday?  Do you do the right thing even when no one is looking?  When you find yourself in the midst of betrayal, do you desire to display moral uprightness?  Are you a person of honor and trustworthiness?  

I think that so many have lost sight of the meaning of Integrity.  It seems as if “we” are a people who lack integrity.  We do not display the quality of being honest anymore.  We fabricate our stories so they sound so much better.  We do what ever it takes to get ahead.  Our society seems to lack strong moral principles and ethics.  Why are we not teaching our children how to have integrity?  Why are we not desiring for our children to care for the helpless and show love to a lost world?   

I can remember when Noah was 4, we enrolled him in the tiger cub karate class in our hometown.  They teach them about honor, courtesy, integrity, perseverance, self control, courage, community, strength, ability and knowledge.  While they are in the classes, they not only learn about strengthening their ability to process instructions, focus on objectives and how to interact with their peers but they learn what those words mentioned above really mean.  They learn how to put those words into action.  I see so many of these characteristics displayed in the bible by Gods people.  Even though David had his flaws he still strived to display some of these same characteristics that I am trying to teach my children.  

Our natural instinct is to want to lash back at someone when they have betrayed us.  But we cannot give into our flesh and treat others as those in this world.  We must learn from Christ Himself how we should treat others.  As we are in the season of Lent, we are reminded of the last days of Christ and the ultimate betrayal He endured by Judas.  Sadly enough, we probably have all had friends who we thought were our friends but it turns out they were not a true friend.  Can you imagine the hurt that Jesus must have felt to be betrayed by one of his disciples?  It doesn’t matter if He knew this was going to happen.  That does not take away the hurt He must have felt.  However, Christ in the midst of betrayal still displayed integrity.  

I want to encourage you today and remind you, that it IS possible for you to display integrity in the midst of betrayal and deep hurt from those closest to you.  I am not saying that it will be easy but that it IS possible.  I have to remind myself that I am not in this world alone and that there is nothing that this world can throw at me that MY GOD has not already conquered.  So if you are feeling betrayed today, be encouraged that Christ has already won the battle.  He has conquered the evil in this world and that we (Christ followers) will live in heaven with Him for eternity!  


Prayer: Father, there are so many that are hurting today and feel betrayed even by their closet friends.  Please give them the hope that they need to live another day for You.  Help them to display integrity no matter what they may face today.  Surround them with a peace that surpasses all understanding.  May they feel Your loving arms around them!  In Your Sons Name I Pray, Amen.  

No comments:

Post a Comment