Monday, April 20, 2015

Jesus on The Mainline

Psalm 85: 7-8
7 In the day of my trouble I shall call upon You,
For You will answer me.
8 There is no one like You among the gods, O Lord,
Nor are there any works like Yours.

Jesus on the Mainline

Do you realize that you can call on Jesus anytime day or night and He will answer?  Now I am not saying that He will always answer the way you want Him to but He will answer the way He sees best for your life.  There is an old gospel song that came to mind when I read these two verses.  It is called Jesus on the Mainline.  It reminds me that no matter what I may be experiencing today I can call upon Him and tell Him anything.  He hears my cry and my prayers.

My prayer today is that He hears my cry when I am exhausted & hot from the temperatures this week.  
That He knows my heart for the people of Nicaragua.  
That He sees the love I have for my husband and my children.  
That He knows my concerns about moving to a remote area of the country to begin a clinic/hospital.  
And that He will go before me in every situation where I must speak Spanish.  

I have to admit that here lately I have been struggling with many different emotions: anticipation, anxiety, frustration, happy, content, nervous, stressed, weary are just a few.  As I look back on this list of emotions I notice that only 2 out of 8 are positive emotions.  I am no different from you.  I struggle in many of the same areas that you do.  I desire to change to be more like Christ everyday.  I don’t want to struggle with certain emotions.  I will tell you that today will be a new day though!

Today, I will call Jesus on the Mainline and tell Him all my emotions and then give it all to Him.  If I continue to go through this day trying to be in control of everything then I am not giving it all to Him.  I cannot give it all to Him and still have finger holding on.  I must trust Him with everything.  I must be in constant communication with Him.  As Paul writes in 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18, “Rejoice always; pray without ceasing; in everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.“  So today, if you are like me and find yourself experiencing many of the same emotions, turn to God in prayer and give it all to Him so that you can have that weight lifted off your shoulders.  We are not alone in this walk.  He will never leave us or forsake us (Deuteronomy 31:6).  If He has called you to a new place in your life then He will go before you to complete His good work in you (Philippians 1:6).  Trust!  Surrender!

My Prayer for each of us: Father, You know our hearts.  You know our deepest fears.  Take away any anxiety we may be feeling today.  Give us the strength to do what You have called us to do today.  Go before us and give us the words to speak, no matter what language it may be in give us the words.  May others see You in our actions and words.  May I give you praise no matter what circumstance I find myself in today.  IN Jesus Name I Pray, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment