Thursday, April 16, 2015

He Is...

Psalm 84:1-3
1 How lovely are Your dwelling places,
O Lord of hosts!
2 My soul longed and even yearned for the courts of the Lord;
My heart and my flesh sing for joy to the living God.
3 The bird also has found a house,
And the swallow a nest for herself, where she may lay her young,
Even Your altars, O Lord of hosts,
My King and my God.

I stand in awe of God’s creation everyday.  My favorite time of the day is first thing in the morning when the sun is attempting to peek above the horizon.  It cast an array of colors on the horizon that causes me to stop and take it all in.  And just like clockwork, as the sun rises, the birds begin their singing.  Now I have to say that sometimes at 5:00 am I am not the one that is so chipper like these birds because I would like to roll over and go back to sleep until my alarm goes off at 5:30.  But I find that once I do get up and get moving that I feel just as the birds, alive and ready to sing praises to our Lord.  

When was the last time you took the time to listen to the birds in the morning or witness the sunrise?  Or are you too busy rushing around getting ready that you either forget to stop or just think that you don’t have time.  In the big scheme of life, I have realized that life is short and we must begin to take time for the simple pleasures in life.  Just like setting appointments for work or going to the doctor, we must set an appointment to meet with Jesus every day.  

He is the one who can make sense of the mess.  
He is the one who goes before you in your appointments.  
He is the one who is there when you receive the news you did not want to hear.  
He is the one who gives you the sunrise and the sunset.
He is the one who gives the birds their song to sing.

I love my time in the mornings, reading His word and discovering new things.  It is a time to reflect on His glories and be reminded of who is in control of everything.  So, don’t get so caught up in what you have planned for the day that you miss out on the blessings along the way.  God gives us a gorgeous sunrise and sunset everyday.  He paints the sky with beauty and gives the birds a melody to serenade us.  He places the right people in your path to give you hope.  He will run to the ends of the earth to find you.  Take time today to spend in His presence.  

Listen to this song by Phillips, Craig and Dean
No Matter How Long It Takes


My Prayer For You:  Father, go before my friends today and give them discernment in their meetings.  Help to see where You are in their life.  Hold them tightly during those difficult decisions that have to be made.  Give them hope when they are feeling hopeless.  Place the right people in their path today.  Help them to know they are loved!  In Your Son’s Name I Pray Amen.  

No comments:

Post a Comment