Thursday, December 11, 2014



Did you move?

As I sit on the 8th floor of a friends condo in orange beach, I am reminded of how BIG this world really is and what a small part I am in it.  Think about it…

The ocean looks like it goes on forever when you are standing at the shore.  The amount of water that is before me and the creatures that make their home there are beyond my comprehension.  The tiny grains of sand that join together to make vast, beautiful beaches were created by the same creator that made you and me.  Just like the waters in the ocean, the creatures living beneath and the sands - we move.  

Why?

Why, does the waters move? 
Why, do the creatures move?  
Why, do the grains of sand move?  

God created all the things to move- to bring forth life, to create bodies of land.  But why did you move?  

You might be wondering where I am going with this but stay with me.  When I speak about moving, I am not talking about moving to the next town or to another job.  I am speaking about moving to or away from God.  God never moves.  He is the same from the beginning.  So looking back over this past year can you answer the question of “did you move?”  as it pertains to your relationship with God?  I think we can all say yes we did move.  If you did not move then you have been stagnate in your relationship.  We must be in a perpetual range of motion when it comes to our daily walk.  We must be firmly established, as Paul writes, and “not moved away from the hope of the gospel.” 

                      God’s love has not changed.  

                                                     He has not moved.  
                                                                            He is right where you left Him.  

He is waiting for you to come back to your first love.  But rest assured He will welcome you back with open arms, no matter how long you have been away.  

Cling to His promises.  

Colossians 1:21-23
21And although you were formerly alienated and hostile in mind, engaged in evil deeds, 22yet He has now reconciled you in His fleshly body through death, in order to present you before Him holy and blameless and beyond reproach-23if indeed you continue in the faith firmly established and steadfast, and not moved away from the hope of the gospel that you have heard, which was proclaimed in all creation under heaven, and of which I, Paul, was made a minister. “

Prayer: Father, Thank you for the little reminders that we can find in Your creation.  Thank you for reminding me to stand firm in my relationship with you.  Thank you that even if I move away from You, that You will welcome me back with open arms.  Help me to take those first steps back to you.  In Jesus Name, I Pray.  Amen.  

No comments:

Post a Comment