Monday, November 10, 2014

The More We Know Him...

Colossians 1: 15-20

15He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation. 16For by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities-all things have been created through Him and for Him. 17He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together. 18He is also head of the body, the church; and He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, so that He Himself will come to have first place in everything. 19For it was the Father's good pleasure for all the fullness to dwell in Him, 20and through Him to reconcile all things to Himself, having made peace through the blood of His cross; through Him, I say, whether things on earth or things in heaven.”

I hope as we have gone through this study that you are getting to the point that you are getting to know God as is described by the, “That I May Know Him.”  The more we pour ourselves into scripture- 
The more we get to know God.  
The more we get to know Him as our creator.  
The more we get to see others through the eyes of Christ.  
The more we begin to be humbled.  
The more we are able to forgive others and even ourselves.  
The more we seek to find our kingdom purpose in this thing we call life.  

Looking at this passage of scripture today we see the Supremacy of Christ.  We see that by “Him all things were created.”  We see that He is the one who “holds all thing together.”  Christ is the beginning and the end.  He is and should be first in everything we do.  I pray that you find comfort in knowing this about Jesus.  If you do not find comfort in this, my prayer is that you will begin to heal from your hurts so that you will begin to see, “He has rescued us from the dominions of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins (Col.1:13-14).”   

Because of Jesus’ shed blood, He is the only one who can make peace between us and God.  Without this we are a lost people.  That feeling of being lost is one like no other.  In the worldly sense, we all have experienced that feeling of being lost.  As we were driving at dusk in the Northern Autonomous Region of Nicaragua, I found myself relying on my faith.  I was at a point where I could not see as far ahead and around me as I wanted, which took me WAY out of my comfort zone.  We were not lost but I was experiencing some of those same feelings that you experience when you are lost.  

Anxiety
Fear
Uneasy 
Not being in control  

But I found myself praying for safety and traveling mercies.  I had to begin to practice my controlled breathing that I learned twenty years prior.  These same breathing exercises that I was taught after experiencing the severe trauma of being raped.  My senses were heightened and the only thing that would ease my fears was the creator of the universe.  It is amazing to see the power of prayer work around you but then when you get to see it first hand in your own life is pretty spectacular.  But those same feelings of being lost in the kingdom perceptive are far more severe.  If we do not have that personal relationship with Christ and have asked Jesus to be Lord over our life, then we will experience the sense of lost in an eternal sense.  Once this happens there is no turning back once Christ Returns.  

Seek God today.  When you seek Him you will find Him.  He will bring comfort to your hurting heart and ease your fears.  Let Him be the one who brings peace to your life today.  Let Him be Lord over your life.  

Prayer: Father, Thank You for sending your son to die on the cross for my sins.  Thank you for the gift of prayer, that I may come to you at any moment to seek your guidance, to praise you, to worship you and to just be still and hear you speak to me.  In those quiet moments, help me to  be still and know that YOU ARE GOD!  



No comments:

Post a Comment