Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Living The Story

Living The Story

What is your story?  When did your story begin?  We all have a story to tell but the real question is, are you willing to tell your story?  

I personally believe our story begins the day we are conceived.  Even though we can’t really share about that time in the womb, our story began.  During those first 40 weeks, +/- a few weeks, God was weaving our story to life.  This part of your story may be difficult to bear because of choices your mother made (i.e. drinking, drugs, etc) while you were in the womb but no matter what it is still part of your story.  But we can find in scripture God’s love for us, even then.  

We see this in Psalms 139:13-17, 

13For You formed my inward parts;
You wove me in my mother's womb.
14I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Wonderful are Your works,
And my soul knows it very well.
15My frame was not hidden from You,
When I was made in secret,
And skillfully wrought in the depths of the earth;
16Your eyes have seen my unformed substance;
And in Your book were all written
The days that were ordained for me,
When as yet there was not one of them.
17How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God!
How vast is the sum of them!”

God’s word is filled with so many stories that gives us hope for a new tomorrow.  God’s word is filled with wisdom and instruction.  But we must learn to open God’s word daily.  By reading it daily the words 
       come 
                  to 
          life and become a part of our everyday life.  

When we let God’s word live through us, then we allow it to 
come 
     to 
  life for those around us to bear witness.  

When we share the story of our life that God wrote, it helps others come to know Christ.  We all have a story to tell but again are you willing to tell that story.  

That story of brokenness. 
That story of healing.
That story of forgiveness.
That story of redemption.  

All of it is God’s story for us to tell to the world, in order, 

…to bring hope to the brokenhearted,
…to bring healing to the hurt,
…to bring forgiveness to those who have hurt us and 
…to bring redemption to a lost world.  

So, what is your story?  Are you willing to share your story with others?  Are you willing to put it all out there to bring 
Glory and Honor to God?  
What is your redemption Story?


Prayer: Father, Thank you for my story!  Thank you that you have used all of me to share your story of brokenness, of healing, of forgiveness and redemption.  Thank you that you have used my story to bring hope to the brokenhearted, to bring healing to the hurt and to bring forgiveness to those who have hurt me.  Father, each our stories have the ability to bring glory and honor to you, let it begin today!  I pray for my friends who have not shared their story.  Give the strength to be able to share their story with others.  In Jesus Name I pray, Amen.  

No comments:

Post a Comment