Saturday, February 1, 2014

Welcome to our blog

First, let me introduce myself.  My name is Laurie, a daughter of the King, a wife, mother, sister,  and daughter.  If you asked me 5 years ago, where do you see yourself in 5 years....Nicaragua would not have been the first thing out of my mouth.  I would like to think that we would still be in the military stationed at Ft. Campbell, KY.  This is where we made our home for 5 years until my husband was grounded from flying Kiowa's due to the medication they put him on for migraines

However, since I know God is everywhere, He had a perfect plan for the calling on my husbands life. God used a time in the "desert" to bring my husband to his knees.  Literally, God used my husband deployment to Afghanistan to draw him closer to God.  This is where our lives forever changed.  My husband was being molded into a vessel that God would use for His kingdom.  Once Josh returned from deployment we found out the military was going to let my husband out of the army, so we would have to move.  We moved to Hattiesburg, MS on January 2, 2010 where we lived with his parents for what was suppose to be 6 months.  NOT!  Eighteen months later we were able to move into our own home.  During those 18 months, God continued to use family, jobs, and friends to mold not only Josh but myself as well.  

In March, 2011, we began attending Hardy Street Baptist church for my husband to take the Children/Youth/College Pastor position.  In June of that year, we began a two day a week mothers-day-out program where I became the director.  We wanted to meet the needs of the mothers in the downtown area by providing an affordable preschool where their children would be in a loving, Christian environment.  Though we only had dozen children, God would use our preschool to make an impact in so many families.  In January 2012, we expanded to become a 5 day preschool for children ages 6 weeks - 5 yrs.  We grew from 13 to 40 in a matter months and then grew again to 70+ children in the fall of that same year.  God was using us to make an impact in so many lives.  However, God had other plans for our family.

Late September 2012 our lives would begin to change.  My husband approached me about what he felt God was placing on his heart - missions.  In my head I was thinking he wanted to really get started in his non-profit organization, Mercy Aviation, that he had started years before, so I asked him was it that .....no; then I asked was it that he wanted to do more in the downtown area where our church was located......No. OH NO, please don't let it be international missions.....YES.  Yikes!  This is not what I wanted to hear.....I had already felt like I was taken out of TN before I was ready.  And after we found a church home at Temple Baptist Church, where I got involved in women's ministry and bible studies with a wonderful group of ladies Josh shares about feeling called to work at the East campus of our church, where I did not go very happily, I might add, but God molded me yet again.  I grew to love our church and the sweet people of our church.

Now it is September 2012 and God is molding our family yet again.  International Missions, you have got to be kidding me!  No, God was not kidding.  The next year would fly by faster than a speeding bullet to me!  It is like I blinked and we raised our support to be on the mission field December 31, 2013.  We knew that when we were able to raise $85,000 in 9 months it was confirmation that this is what God wanted for our lives and Nicaragua was where he wanted us to be.

As we look back over our lives we see where God was in all of our struggles, trials, joyous occasions, and our disappointments.  He has a perfect plan and the plan he had for our life, for such a time as this......is to be serving as full time career missionaries in Nicaragua.  You can follow us on our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/themoudymission.  If you would like to join us on a mission trip, partner with us in our ministry through prayer or financially please let us know or want more information about our Mission organization go to www.bmdmi.org.


No comments:

Post a Comment